Minor Hockey Moments

Saturday, December 18, 2010

TV viewing saved by a hockey dad

Just when it seemed like it would be a hockey-free night in our household, along comes a fellow hockey day to the rescue.
Miffed that our two-year-old Samsung LCD big screen TV broke yesterday, and further miffed that the Samsung call centre in South Carolina insisted I had to call a Mississauga company to arrange a repair, I turned to the Yellow Pages for help.
I didn't expect the TV to be fixed in time for Christmas, much less tonight's game between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Vancouver Canucks.
But Rouel at Oxford Electronics changed that. He fixed it in a matter of hours, on a Saturday.
Rouel started the job with one proviso. If he wasn't done by mid-afternoon when he had to leave for his son's hockey game down the road in Sarnia, then the TV would have to spend the weekend on the bench.
I could identify with that. Watching one's son play minor hockey is a priority - it used to kill me when I worked nights and missed games, so much so I would try to schedule vacation days around my son's hockey schedule..
Luckily for me, the TV repair was straightforward and Rouel (pronounced Ray-el) made the London Bandits major peewees game in Sarnia.
Of course I'm still miffed with Samsung and vowed to the supervisor at the service call centre not to buy anything they make again. Then my son held up his beloved and durable cellphone - it's a Samsung. Ditto for my cellphone.
We are in the market for a new dishwasher. Anyone know a good brand?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scream at the ref by leaving your comments here. But remember, the kids are listening and learning.