Minor Hockey Moments

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Juniors time to shine

This is one of those nights I'm glad I'm not in a rink.
Tonight, the place to be is by the fireplace and in front of the big screen TV (a Samsung, don't ever buy this brand, but I digress. Not that I'm still bitter) watching the Canadian juniors defeat the Russians in the championship.
Yes, I know the game doesn't start for more than an hour, but Canadians are confident when it comes to hockey.
No where else in the world does Major Junior hockey have such a hold on fans as in Canada. Many of the teens on Team Canada won't have highly successful pro careers (where is Justin Pogge now?) but for now they are the focus of a nation, our heroes.
Of course not every Canadian is rooting for the right team. Cheeky teen blogger Dylan McAteer makes a Facebook prediction about the Russians winning tonight. There are likely others of his ilk out there, but not many.
TSN, here we come.

1 comment:

  1. So Dylan's brilliant? Where do I find HIS blog?

    ReplyDelete

Scream at the ref by leaving your comments here. But remember, the kids are listening and learning.