Minor Hockey Moments

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hockey stick hell

Here's my dilemma.
Do I assume my slapshot-challenged player is going to break more sticks this season in an attempt to propel the puck and buy a spare (or spares) when they are on sale?
His favourite Easton Henrik Zetterberg model seems to be on sale for half price this week at Canadian Tire, that iconic Canadian retailer that seems to have captured the lion's share of my minor hockey dollar during the past decade. Well, that and Herm's Sports Exchange.
Adam went years before breaking a stick. Last season I think he broke five, so many that I attempted (and failed) to covert him to a more frugal wooden model. Easton loved us.
Personally, I think composite sticks are more about fashion than enhancing the game for most minor hockey players. Twice so for the youngest kids.
Maybe we need wooden sticks only minor hockey leagues to save parents from themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scream at the ref by leaving your comments here. But remember, the kids are listening and learning.